The ABQ Mom team is growing! We are looking to add diverse, local voices who are passionate about our city and interested in sharing their stories. This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it more than worth it! Do you feel like your voice or your perspective is missing from our site? Please consider joining us!
The deadline to submit an application is Tuesday, May 25th.
What We Are NOT Looking For
First things first. Let’s get one thing out of the way.
You do NOT have to be an experienced writer, a perfect speller, or a grammar know-it-all in order to be perfect for this position.
What matters way more than all of that is simply WHO YOU ARE. Do you have a beautiful story to tell? Do you think deeply about ideas and want to explore them? Do you have a perspective on life and parenting that’s worth sharing? Do you have tips, tricks, DIY projects, recipes or other practical things to share? Then maybe it’s time to share your voice.
What We Are Looking For
Albuquerque is such a beautiful mix of people of different cultural, racial, ethnic, linguistic, and religious backgrounds. We desire to continue to build a team that reflects the diversity of our vibrant city.
We are interested in receiving applications from women of all walks of life, seasons, and stages; but here are a few target roles we hope to fill with this writer call:
- Diversity in color, ethnicity, age ranges, family types, etc.
- Moms of babies or expecting moms.
- Moms of teens and pre-teens.
- Researchers — moms who love to compile a list of resources and info.
- Single moms.
We’re looking for moms in the Albuquerque area who love our community and want to see it thrive, are passionate about motherhood, and enjoy writing.
What Our Contributors GIVE
- One original post per month on topics of your choice (within the brand and mission of ABQ Mom).
- Twelve month commitment (June 2021-May 2022).
- An active presence on social media. (We do ask that you have a Facebook account.)
- Availability to help with ABQ Mom events.
- Availability for occasional contributor meetings (with food and fun and new friends, of course).
- A passion for moms, kids, and the Albuquerque area (where you also live, of course).
- Social media posts on their own platforms in exchange for free experiences, products, or services from some of our local partners.
- Reliable, team-oriented, flexible, & fun attitude.
What Our Contributors GET
- Your photo and bio on the ABQ Mom Meet Our Team page and at the end of every post you write (with links to your personal blog, business, and/or social media handles if you choose to share them).
- Voice and influence with an established readership.
- A professional headshot and team photo shoot with ABQ Mom.
- Access to the ABQ Mom contributors’ Facebook group.
- Potential opportunity to test products, attend business openings, and/or visit local businesses for review purposes.
- Continuing education and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, and event management (as available).
- Access to pre-sale tickets and oftentimes free entry to ABQ Mom events.
- Coffee shop meetings, hugs, and new friends! (We have a good self-esteem and think we’re a pretty fun bunch!)
What To DO
- Fill out the form below, and we’ll get back to you within one-two weeks.
- The last day to apply is Tuesday, May 25th.
- Applications without a writing sample will not be considered.