The ABQ Mom team is growing! We are looking to add fresh, diverse voices who are passionate about our city and interested in sharing through writing or social media content creation.
This is a volunteer position, but there are some really fun perks to make it more than worth it! Keep reading.
We use both our website and social media outlets to keep our readers up to date on family-friendly activities around town and to provide encouragement for parenting and motherhood. That’s where our team of contributors comes in!
The deadline to submit an application is Monday, April 11th.
What We Are NOT Looking For
First things first. Let’s get one thing out of the way.
You do NOT have to be an experienced writer, a perfect speller, or a grammar know-it-all in order to be perfect for this position.
Also, you do NOT have to be a “blogger” or “influencer” to apply.
What matters way more than all of that is simply WHO YOU ARE. Do you have a beautiful story to tell? Do you love the Albuquerque area and want to share all about fun things to do here? Do you think deeply about ideas and want to explore them? Do you have a perspective on life and parenting that’s worth sharing? Do you have tips, tricks, DIY projects, recipes, or other practical things to share? Then maybe it’s time to share your voice.
What We Are Looking For
Albuquerque is such a beautiful mix of people of different cultural, racial, ethnic, linguistic, and religious backgrounds. We desire to continue to build a team that reflects the diversity of our vibrant city.
We are interested in receiving applications from women of all walks of life, seasons, and stages; but here are a few target roles we hope to fill with this writer call:
- Diversity in color, ethnicity, age ranges, family types, etc.
- Moms who love creating video content on social media (Reels, TikToks, Vlogs, etc.).
- Moms of babies or expecting moms.
- Moms of teens and pre-teens.
- Researchers — moms who love to compile a list of resources and info.
- Single moms.
We’re looking for moms in the Albuquerque area who love our community and want to see it thrive, are passionate about motherhood, and enjoy writing and/or creating unique and fun social media content.
What Our Contributors GIVE
- Original content submitted monthly.
* One full-length blog post or video blog (vlog) per month
* Or two shorter pieces of content per month including but not limited to microblogs, TikToks, Reels, memes, etc.
- Twelve-month commitment (May 2022-April 2023).
- An active presence on social media. (We do ask that you have a Facebook account.)
- Your presence, when possible, at ABQ Mom events.
- Availability for occasional contributor meetings (with food and fun and new friends, of course).
- A passion for moms, kids, and the Albuquerque area (where you also live, of course).
- Social media posts on their own platforms in exchange for free experiences, products, or services from some of our local partners.
- Reliable, team-oriented, flexible, & fun attitude.
What Our Contributors GET
- Your photo and bio on the ABQ Mom Meet Our Team page and at the end of every post you write (with links to your personal blog, business, and/or social media handles if you choose to share them).
- Voice and influence with an established readership.
- A professional headshot and team photo shoot with ABQ Mom.
- Potential opportunity to test products, attend business openings, and/or visit local businesses for review purposes.
- Continuing education and professional development in the areas of writing, blogging, SEO, social media, and event management (as available).
- Access to pre-sale tickets and oftentimes free entry to ABQ Mom events.
- Coffee shop meetings, hugs, and new friends! (We have a good self-esteem and think we’re a pretty fun bunch!)
What To DO
- Fill out the form below, and we’ll get back to you within one to two weeks of the deadline.
- The last day to apply is Monday, April 11th.
- Applications without a writing or social media sample will not be considered.