“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.” — Julia Child
I have made everything from scrambled eggs to cinnamon apples in my Instant Pot. My family teases that it is my kitchen BFF and I don’t think that statement is far from the truth.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Whole chicken breasts (frozen or fresh)
- Half an onion
- 1 TB Minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Cup of Salsa
- 1 Can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom
- Chicken bouillon or chicken stock
- Can of tomatoes
- 2 TB Sour cream
- 2 Cups Shredded cheese
- Frozen veggies (I alternate with what I have in my freezer)
- Tortilla chips
*Dice the onions and sauté with the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Put the chicken breast’s in whole, two-three tablespoons of chicken bouillon, salsa, can of tomatoes, can of soup, salt and pepper and sauté for ten minutes. Pressure cook for eight minutes. After the PC is completed turn the IP back on to the sauté function, add the veggies, and start shredding the chicken with a fork. Add in the sour cream and half of the cheese until it looks creamy. Top with cheese and crushed tortilla chips!
Broccoli Beef Mac N’Cheese
- Ground hamburger
- Frozen broccoli
- Cheddar Cheese (or Velveeta)
- 1 TB Chicken bouillon
- 1 can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- Salt & pepper
- Milk (I use Lactaid)
Sauté the hamburger until it’s brown then add in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper, frozen broccoli, the can of soup, and pasta. Pressure cook for five minutes. The broccoli should be semi-dissolved at this point. Turn the sauté function back on. Add in the cheese and milk of your choice. This is a great way to camouflage broccoli for your husband and kiddos!
- 6 Italian sausage or bratwurst
- 4 cups of Kale
- 6 oz Cream cheese
- 1 Cup of Sour cream
- Salt & pepper
- Italian seasoning
- 2 TB Chicken bouillon
- 1 Can of cream of chicken soup
- Half a diced onion
- Diced potatoes (I prefer red potatoes or white sweet potatoes)
This is a favorite in our house! Place the onions and sausage (taken out of the casing) in the IP on high until they are brown. Add the chicken bouillon, cream of chicken soup, seasonings, kale, and potatoes. Turn the pressure cook on for five minutes. After the cycle is completed set the mode back to sauté and add in the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Check out more meal planning ideas and here too!
- Basic recipes: Instant Pot, Food Network, Betty Crocker & Delish!
- Oh and here’s the link to the utility cart that makes rolling your IP around even easier!