As a (former) Midwesterner, I didn’t grow up eating green chile. I hadn’t even heard of it until I met my future husband and mother-in-law. Probably 15 years ago, my now mother-in-law made a big dish of her green chile chicken enchiladas for a large group, and I had my first-ever experience with green chile chicken enchiladas. Aside from drinking several glasses of milk to help the fire in my mouth, I really enjoyed the meal that’s now become a family favorite each fall.
Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 3-4 shredded chicken breasts (I use this recipe or another option is to buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it.)
- 1 can cream chicken soup
- 1 can cream mushroom soup
- 13 oz container green chile
- white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix soups, chicken, and green chile in a large bowl.
- Layer tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese until your casserole dish is full.
- Bake at 350 until warmed through and the cheese is bubbly (about 30-40 minutes).
Originally published November 2018.