In this recipe, zucchini bread, a popular summer treat, is upgraded with a layer of cream cheese frosting.
Whether you’ve grown some zucchinis the size of a baseball bat or buy some that are reasonably sized, this recipe will make good use of them.
We call this the Full Tilt version at my house and often use it as my husband’s birthday cake. It is indulgent and delicious, and will disappear fast!
Ingredients (makes two loaves)
3 Cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
3 tsps cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil (not quite a full cup. I measure between 3/4 and 1 cup)
2 cups white sugar
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Grease and flour two 8×4 in loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grate zucchini with a box grater or food processor and set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a separate large bowl, cream eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar.
- Slowly add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 40-50 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Blend together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually add in confectioners sugar while mixing.
After zucchini bread is completely cool, slice horizontally in half. Separate and spread cream cheese frosting across bottom half of loaf. Then return top half of loaf over frosting.
Enjoy your zucchini bread before it disappears!
Here’s another recipe to get rid of that extra zucchini if you happen to have an overflowing garden.
Pin this post on Pinterest.