I mean, what’s greater than a donut? Cake? Good. Sprinkles? Good. Frosting? GOOD. And because the donut is such a tasty treat, it needs its own holiday. Friday, June 3rd is National Donut Day. And not only do we have fun ways to celebrate, we’ve got a list of our local favorites. I promise you’ll love it “dough” much.
:: Local Donut Shops ::
You’re gonna like these a “hole” lot!
• Amy’s Donuts 6001 San Mateo Blvd NE Suite G3 87109
• Bristol Doughnut Co. 10301 Comanche Rd 87111
• Donut Mart 4501 Montgomery Blvd NE 87109 + 831 Juan Tabo Blvd NE 87123
• El Dorado Bakery 2125 Broadway Blvd SE 87102
• Glazed Factory Donuts 7451 Pan American FWY NE 87109
• Rise + Roast 401 Eubank SE Unit E 87123
• Rebel Donut 2435 Wyoming Blvd NE 87112 + 9311 Coors Blvd NW 87114
• Two Boys Donuts 6400 Holly Ave NE Suite H 87113
• The Witching Flour Bakery Sold in multiple locations.
Don’t forget to check your favorite donut shop’s Instagram today, as they may be offering special donut day deals!
:: Fun Ways to Celebrate ::
Donut worry. Be happy!
• Have fun coloring this FREE printable + tag us in the finished product!
• Taste of ABQ. Grab one donut from each local shop, cut them into bite sized pieces, and vote on special awards for each one! (Tag each location and their “award” on social!)
• Have a donut-themed storytime with “If You Give a Dog a Donut.”
• Grab a box of plain or glazed donuts and add your own toppings and decorations. This includes turning your donut into your favorite animal, character, or even yourself!
• Place your donut through the straw of your cup and enjoy a milk and donut treat!
• Play Donut Tic Tac Toe with this printable.
• Place a timer for a minute and see who can list the most items that have holes in them.
• Have a doughnut picnic. Grab a dozen different flavors, spread out a blanket, and enjoy your donut feast!
• Drop off a box of donuts to friends and family.
• Grab some donut holes, fruit, and kabob sticks and make your own donut + fruit kabobs.